Understand more about the process…
FCJ is the government agency that has primary responsibility for the development and management of industrial and commercial space in the public sector. The Company is in the business of developing, managing and leasing industrial, commercial and office spaces to investors.
Typically, FCJ land and assets can be acquired in one of the two (2) ways below:
- By Advertised Public Tender: FCJ will advertise the property development with a Request for Proposal (RFP) in the print media and on its website. Investors are free to participate in the tender process. Visit FCJ’s website for more on Investment Opportunities.
- By Unsolicited Expressions of Interest: Investors should register their interest in writing (letter or email) addressed to the FCJ’s General Manager.
If you intend to acquire land/assets from the Factories Corporation of Jamaica (FCJ), - whether by lease or sale, you will need to do the following:
- Respond to a specific Request for Proposal; or
- Submit a written unsolicited Expression of Interest (EOI); and
- Visit their offices and be guided by the following steps.
Prepare your written Expression of Interest (EOI) and provide any Supporting Information/Documents…
If you are responding to an advertised RFP, the bidding/tender documents will clearly indicate all the supporting information/documents that must be submitted with your proposal.
If you are submitting an unsolicited EOI, you should ensure that the following
information is included along with your request:
- the intended use
- the particulars of the party(s) making the request
- a purchase offer for the land
Submit your Completed Application
Once your EOI/Application or RFP/Bid submission is completed, you will need to submit them. All applications should be addressed to the Estate Department.
- Your Bid/Tenders should be submitted by hand at the specific date and time in accordance with the RFP Documents.
- Your EOI can either be submitted in person (via letter) by visiting the FCJ’s offices or you can register your interest electronically (via email).
All applications should be submitted to the following address:
The Factories Corporation of Jamaica
17 Knustford Boulevard
Mon – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tel: (876) 968-4766
Fax: (876) 929-7453
What happens once I have made my submission?…
Once your application is received, the FCJ will take the following steps:
- Your EOI/Application is assessed.
- A response outlining the next steps will be sent to you - within 1 week of receipt of your EOI.
You will be required to undertake the following:
- Carryout a valuation on the property of interest. To retain a Property Valuator.
- Submit a purchase offer based on the valuation.
Once your purchase offer has been submitted, the FCJ will then:
- Review the purchase offer internally.
- Commission a valuation to be done by the National Land Agency - Within 2 – 4 weeks of receipt of purchase offer.
- Advertise and conduct a competitive bidding/tender exercise for the property - 4 weeks following receipt of NLA valuation.
- You will be required to submit a proposal in keeping with the advertisement.
- Make an award recommendation and negotiate the offer - 4 – 6 weeks.
- Submit a final offer for Ministerial and/or Cabinet Consideration - 2 - 8 weeks.
- Prepare the Agreement for Sale/Lease.
Pay the relevant Processing Fees…
There is no fee associated with submitting your initial unsolicited EOI to purchase
- Sale/Lease Agreement - three to four (3-4) months after submission of your EOI.
Collect your Approved Document(s)…
Once the FCJ is satisfied that everything is in order, then an Agreement is issued for your signature. You will need to visit the FCJ to collect your copy of the final executed Agreement, which is now legally binding on all parties.
At the end of the process you will receive the following:
- Your executed Sale/Lease Agreement